Global Processing Systems offers the ability for merchants to accept credit cards through a web site or virtual gateway account. A payment gateway is a remotely-hosted software application that transmits transaction data from either the payment page of your website or from a virtual terminal, which is the link merchants use to process transactions securely and efficiently from their own computer.
Below we have outline how online credit card processing works.
1) A customer finds your company web site and adds products to your cart via the shopping cart. When they are ready to check out they enter in their credit card information.
2) If the company does not have a secure page the customer can be transferred to a secure payment gateway. If the company does have a secure site then the information will passed to the payment gateway without the customer leaving the site.
3) Once the credit card information is submitted it passes through to the authorization center for approval.
4) Once the issuing bank approves the card the money is held on the credit card.
5) Final payment is secured and is deposited in the internet merchant account. It typically takes two business days from the time of the original transaction for the funds to reach the merchant’s checking account.
Let us help you get started. Contact us today at 866.823.1960 or submit our online form.